Actually the title should read “I Would Like to Thank Ronda Waters”. Last week I posted my latest blog post, a DIY Starburst Mirror. That same day I received an email stating that I needed to moderate a comment. A comment! Oh boy! Since I am very new to the blogging world those don’t happen very often. So I popped on over and saw that it was from Ronda Waters over at The.Refurbished.Life. She wrote that she has enjoyed my blog and has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogging Award! What?! Little ol’ me! I am honored! Thank you so much!
Once I came down from the clouds I realized I didn’t quite know what that meant. After a bit of searching I found out these nominations go out smaller blogs who bring creativity and fun into the lives of others. This has become a way for bloggers to connect and learn a little bit more about each other. Once nominated you can chose to participate in the fun by following these simple rules:
1) You must post a photo of the award’s logo.
2) Link back to the person who nominated you. (See first paragraph. You should really check out her blog. It is AWESOME!)
3) Write 10 interesting tidbits about yourself. (Coming up)
4) Nominate 10 fellow bloggers who inspire you and deserve a little blog love. (After those tidbits!)
5) Leave a comment on those blog telling them about the award!
10 Interesting Tidbits About
Ice Cream Me
1) I do love me some good quality chocolate ice cream! There is a local place just up the road that makes the best ice cream in store from local ingredients. Sadly I have just finished my carton and they won’t be open until March.
2) My biggest hobby is buying and collecting craft supplies (especially yarn!). My second and third are crafting and crocheting.
3) I am a lefty and proud of it!
4) Guests coming over and watching a marathon of some kind of hoarding show are the top motivators for getting the house clean. If only watching HGTV or Food Network had similar effects….
5) I really want to zip line through the rain forest, go on safari, and learn how to dance pretty much any ballroom style dance routine. I have always been fascinated with the Argentine Tango. If they had a show like Dancing with the Stars except switch the famous person for an unknown, I would be applying everyday!
6) I love bells and wind chimes. I am the annoying one that rings and hits them all. Got to pick the one with the best sound!
7) Despite what I said in 5 if I could go anywhere or see anything in the world I would go to see Angel Falls in Venezuela.
8) My favorite verses in the bible are Matthew 6:25-34. It is such a beautiful picture and promise.
9) I would much rather have a teacup pig and a pygmy goat or a bird that lives at least 50 years over a cat and a dog.
10) I will avoid eating an apple if it is not cut up. If I do end up eating it out of hand I end up throwing away most if it. I really don’t like getting close to the core, stem or bottom.
The 10 Blogs I am Nominating
I have to say, I don’t have a large list of blogs that I follow. Writing this post, however, gave me a wonderful reason to go out into the blogging world and see what’s out there. I came across many great blogs and my list has lengthen leaps and bounds! Here are the 10 I would like to recommend adding to your list:
I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me. Thanks for dropping by!
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.